Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

"These are my thoughts not yours!"

I was listening to CBC the other day and it was discussing a scientist's findings regarding why men have a hard time listening to women. First of all I would just like to say if Canada were to be defined by any'thing' it would have to be CBC because it is truly Canadia and it keeps Canada from defining itself from American media. Okay I said it and now on to what this scientist found. 'His' findings showed that women's voices are two tones above males voices (duh). Due to this tonal difference women's voices are more complex than male voices. Therefore indicating that male voices are much more simple. Women's voices take on a more sing song tone that requires men to make more of an effort to decifer what a women is saying. So men's attention spand for listening to a women speak is shorter. Want to know what I think? Bulllll Shit! This guy just wants an excuse for not listening to his wife! The arguement could go the other way around. Men's voices are so simple that women have a hard time listening to them because they're voice is very monotone with little tonal inflection. In general I just think society has a hard time communicating to each other.

Cadbury is known for it's Easter milk chocolat mini-eggs. Recently I was in the store and saw these same eggs except they were in Christmas colours. I think it is hilarious that Cadbury realizes that they have a product that sells well at Easter so they decided to change the colour to make more money on them at Christmas. Eggs also have nothing to with Christmas. Unless you want to blow things out of proportion and say that Jesus was created from Mary's egg????

Christmas Wish List
1. Digital Camera
2. Multi-surface driving lessons
3. Skateboard
4. Trip to some place warm

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need some advice from you Adrienne. I've been friends with this girl for around 8 months now, and I've noticed some chemistry between us for a while. So this week I took her out on our first date!! It was a great time (we saw Narnia!) and we're going to start going out more now!

The problem is, I dont know what to get her for Christmas... I was thinking something more than a stuffed animal, and something less than expensive jewlery. The first thing that comes to mind is Multi-surface driving lessons.

Is that going too far, too soon? I want to impress her but not creep her out by giving her something that would demand commitment.

Please Help. :(

8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay on a more serious note, I think that sometimes people dont connect intellectually. I find hard to listen to some people when all they care to talk about are things that don't matter to me at all. Obviously as a kind, compassionate person, I make the extra effort unless I'm in a terrible mood or something... But I don't understand why someone would marry someone they can't stand listening to.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Adrienne said...

Okay wait! You are dating someone or your not? Were you being serious in that post and then got really scared and tried to laugh it off. Oh and fyi please don't ask me about dating stuff, I suck at advice because I have so little experience myself. Plus I seem to mess up stuff like that anyway.

Ya, I don't get it either! Then their is that whole chemistry thing that messes everyone up. The whole 'holy crap he's hot' and then theirs the whole 'I just can't control my raging hormones' factor. So in a sense I can see why people end up with people they just don't connect with intellectually but do sexually. Maybe this is why people end up with mates they hate to talk to.
Then their is the time factor. People who get married young or have a job that is very demanding. Or both of these factors come into play. It is during these times that people forget to take time to reaquaint with the other person. Everyday people are experiencing new things and these new things change and shape who they become. If a couple is not taking time out to talk to each other and learn more about each other then communication becomes even more strained until you can't communicate on that deeper level you use to be able to be on. Sometimes the romance needs to be put back into a marraige, even if it is forced. For example the man needs to start wooing the women again, even if it is forced at first it will become second nature again the more that he does it.
Anyway I know little about dating but lots about marraige, thanks to my parents and their emphasis on teaching me the things that make their marraige successful.

9:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You claim you don't know anything about dating but atleast you're good at seeming like you know what you're talking about. :)

With Respect to Marriage: I think too many Christians have the idea that if they're in Love and its God's will for them to get married, then it will be all smooth sailing, with Zero effort. Obviously, this attitude will cause problems.

To clarify, I really am seeing someone, as of wednesday. :) But I only made that first comment because I wanted to make fun of you for wanting 'Multi-surface driving lessons' for Christmas... because that is the funniest gift request ever. :D

Sorry for the confusion.

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrianne

Its not that you have more complex voices….. its just were more concerned with the football game going on behind you.

7:07 PM

 
Blogger Adrienne said...

Mike, that is awsome! So glad you worked up the nerve to take the next step. Go Mike! (Valley Girl voice included)
I want multi-surface driving lessons because then I can move on the race car driving lessons. I love speed but I also want skills and speed...do ya get it now?:)

Ron that was a low blow my friend!

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home