Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Crescendo's and the Spirit

So last Wednesday I was listening to some Chantal Kreviazuk and their is this one song called Eve(number nine on one of her CD's). During the song she just lets her voice soar and soar and soar! It is as though she is singing with her spirit and I just couldn't help but sing with her. I love singing, for me it is a release.
That same night I also watched the movie Whale Rider, such a beautiful movie! Dad kept joking that it was so fast paced. I retorted with 'I didn't rent it for you, you don't have to watch it.' I really liked it, it was a beautiful story and deeply touched me. Their is this one part of the story where the girl is by the ocean singing in her native tongue to her dead ancestors and to the whales of the ocean. Her voice is fragile yet strong and you can tell that she is singing with her soul. Then God brough to mind the verse in the Bible that says 'deep cries out to deep'. This girl was singing with her deep (spirit) to the deep (the ocean). In the same way when I sing, I sing with my deep to God's deep so that he will fill the void I have in my heart.
I was also reminded of one of C.S. Lewis's book's in his Chronicles of Narnia series. Their is this one character who has worshipped a God called Tash. The character has devoted his whole life to service to this God because it is the only God that he knows of and so he has been loyal his whole life. Lewis then explains that because of this character's child like devotion it was as though he was actually serving the one true God. Due to this character's desire to serve the creator he thought that he was created by he is welcomed into God's kingdom. How much more so would the girl's character in the movie be welcomed by God as well!?! Not to say that all religions flow into one God because they don't! But who are we to judge who will go to heaven who will not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home