Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Reflection in the Window

Okay so I am working in the gift store of a green house/nurserie and for the past two days we have been busily putting up Christmas trees. Last night we worked late trying to get a good start on putting up all the trees and decorating. The business I work for is owned by Christians so half the staff that are employed are Christians....actually over half are. Anyway since we were working so late my place of work gave us all free super, so we ordered in pizza (unfortunately I can't have milk very often, so no pizza for me). So we were all eating and talking, some how the topic turned to alcohol consumption and how much one can drink. I noticed right away that some people stopped talking alltogether and others began speaking very loudly. One paticular woman was bragging about how much she could drink, she was talking fairly loudly as if she was reliving her drunken experience as she spoke and I just looked around and realized that only five out of the twelve of us were actually interested in what she was saying. I also wondered why she did not notice this as well???? I was getting really annoyed with her and bored with the topic because I remember the times that I have been intoxicated and they were not fond memories. I just ended up making an ass of myself. So being the type of person that I am with a short attention span I looked away, I looked out the window but in looking out the window I saw this women's reflection. And it was then that God showed me His impression of her, I saw a saddness in her eyes that I hadn't seen before. In doing that He gave me a compassion for her. From what I have observed of her she seems like she is the type of women who wants to be accepted by others (not that we all don't but you know those people that try too hard). Her acidic laughter and flirtatious(sp) banter with others is a cover for un-happiness.
Maybe I'm totally wrong and I am just over analyzing things like I always do. Oh man I love psycoanalyzing people! Well that is all for now. Stay tuned for more random thoughts from my head.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool story.

7:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home