Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Thought for the Day (or my life)

Skinny doesn't = Pretty
I have been eating way too much! My metabolism has definetly slowed down since I was a kid and use to go on vacation with my parents. I remember being able to eat so much more and not having to worry about adding weight to my love handles!
Sigh women and their relationship with food, something I want to research someday.
Anyway onto more interesting things. Yesterday my parents and I went to San Fran, sooooo beautiful and cool. God gave us a beautiful day of sunshine with a cool breeze, it was suppose to shower but never did. We saw some magnificent sights and sounds. SF is an amazing architectural feat! The way things are built on steep hills boggles the mind! Parking is crazy! Everythings is compacted together and their is no grass anywhere. I loved the designs of the building very Greco Victorian, you have this feeling of being in France (although I have never been in France except from what I have seen in movies). The city is sooo clean! Definetly a romantic place, I love it! I'm a little bumed thought because although we did see all the touristy sights I really want to see all the quaint little boutiques I have heard about.
Things I have noticed about the area is that their are a lot of hispanic and asian. I expected the latinos but foregot about the asians. The asian population is not like the asian population in Toronto that I am use to, they aren't FOBs but very Americanized. I guess during the gold rush a lot of them settled here either that or the American melting pot forces them to conform. Also sometimes I am confused by the ethnic origins of some of them because the Asians and Latinos integrate themselves together so you have malatos. I love watching people especially within such an ethnically diverse state.
Today mom and I went to Whole Foods, lots of fun! I love that store. Wall to wall with organic goods and food. It was a dream come true. I bought some products I can't find in Sarnia. Mom and I bought lunch from the eatery. It was very good to eat a decent salad and fruit again. I immediatly felt energized, my body needed the nutrients it got from the plants.
Then we went to Santa Cruz and went to UCLA's Agroecology campus where they have their own organic farm. Unfortunately it was raining pretty hard and it is their off season so we really didn't see much. We then decided to take the scenic way home. We stopped off at a Patagonia clothing store and looked at their outdoor clothing. They recycle synthetic fibers to make new clothing as well as use organic cotton and hemp. Very 'rightous rags'! I splurged and bought myself a purple hoody, it was on sale and too hard to give up. Well our scenic route was way too scenic we ended up going through the moutains and what should have taken us 1/2 hours the one way took us 2 hours, it was a lovely drive through beautiful trees but we didn't think it would take us so long. My nerves were shot at the end of the drive because we kind of knew where we were going but didn't really know. I hate that feeling!
Anyway I'll tell you more later okay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ade it sounds like you're having an awesome time! Did you check out Haight-Ashbury ? thats the hippy part of SF that started the hippy revolution, definitely worth seeing. Theres also a china town worth visiting, and a really cool jewish memorial garden at the top of the city (near where all the celebs live) that has the best views of the golden gate. Im surprised you havent seen much greenery in SF....there are so many pretty parks, especially around the university etc. So when are you returning to Canada? Are you checking out any other cities in cali? You've made me really wanna go back there this summer!!...maybe after i graduate in july...hmmmm. take care! t xxx

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Adrienne said...

I will def have to mention that are to my mom. Thanks for your suggestions and insights.

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home