Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Questioning Myself and My Random Thoughts on HIV Chimps

So I have been analyzing myself a lot lately and these are three questions I have been contemplating.
1. Am I immature for my age? I feel like I am being left behind in some aspects, my other friends seem to be moving ahead in life and I feel like I'm not.
2. Am I afraid of commitment? Do I shy away from relationships because I don't want to commit? Am I scared of committing to one job or guy?
3. Why am I such a bitch sometimes? I find myself being super critical and impatient with others.

Okay on a completly different subject my thoughs on HIV chimps. For awhile now I have theorized that HIV and AIDS is a mutated viruses that happened because of sexual immorality ie: Gods punishment. Not to say that everyone who contracts these viruses is sexually immoral but that the spread of them increases ten fold as a consequence of sexual immorality. My theory is (or was) that these viruses could have started as a simple infection being spread through sexual encounters. Through the years and centuries these viruses became very resilent and eventually grew into these deadly viruses that have no cure.
Although recently my theory has been challenged by an article that I read in a health magazine. In Montreal their is a sanctuary for HIV infected chimps these chimp were rescued from a laboratory that obviously purposefully infected them with the cruel virus. The chimps were neglected in the laboratory and signs of abuse were evident by the horrible state that the animals were found to be in. In the article it stated that after being put in the sactuary and undergoing therapy the chimps are no longer infected with the virus. Which makes me wonder if the virus can be healed through genuine care from people rather than drugs and isolation?

Please be advised that I am not trained in medicine nor do I claim to be a scientist, these are only my incoherent ramblings and can probably be easily refuted!

2 Comments:

Blogger RTF said...

Adrienne,

Hey, it's Tom. You said I could read your journal, so I did.

Some of it.

I don't know, but when you mentioned there was a refuge for AIDS infected chimps, I wonder if these animals were given the very medication humans in other countries are unable to acquire.

No, it is not right to infect animals with AIDS. I have pity on them. And I am happy that they somehow became uninfected.

But there always seems to be this misplaced compassion—that people are prioritizing the health of animals over and above that of humans. I think both are important … I think you catch my drift.

Perhaps the meds these chimps may or may not have received would be impossible to export anyway?

I know not!

Peace,

T

PS Enjoy Cali. Hope the sun shines more for you.

11:33 PM

 
Blogger Adrienne said...

Nice comment! Welcome to my blog, feel free to tell others about it. It is nice to know that I have an audience even if I can't see them.
Your right Tom people often value animals above humans. I think it is easier for people to love animals because they do not intentionally hurt them out of rage or anger. It is easy to give animals some sort of human like traits rather than understand that they are wild by nature no matter how domesticated and well bread they are. It actually makes me sad and sick at the same time. Sad to know that people will advocate for an animale before they do a human life. Sick because we treat out animals better than we do people. To quote from a movie involving a Brittish women 'we (Britts) only show affection to our dogs and horses', how true that can be sometimes.

12:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home