Adrienne, is a un-computer savvy girl who got her computer savvy friend Ron (he actually went to school for computers) to teach her how to use a blog. The reason for her interest in blogging? After telling a tale to one of her friends he suggested that her story should be put into blog form. Adrienne has many random thoughts that she wants to share with the world and so now she has begun a blog. Please be patient with her horrible grammar, maybe someday she will tell you why it is so bad.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Definition of Art

Nothing into something
Art is what you want it to be.

IE: urinal=fountain, random noise=experimental music, empty canvas into masterpiece, the right angle in a photograph of a worn out door.

Artists create 'thing' into 'something'

Oh man my head hurts I'm having flash backs of my Aesthetics class on the philosophy of art.
This is me trying to be brainy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo i like this one. my roomie is a musician and has got me into appreciating the sounds around the city we live in. something beautiful out of something unexpected.

8:48 PM

 
Blogger Adrienne said...

Yes but Cameron is art defined by beauty or by what the artist creates it to be? Experimental music has no beauty sometimes unless its the musical production Stomp or a band that I like called Anathallo...anathello(sp?).

10:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...i definately see what you mean. I think its more a matter of appreciating the source. Art is always inspired by something that precededs it. Sometimes it can be something as simple as the sound of windshield wipers that leads to the idea of a particular rythmn (sp?) or beat. Or the hues that I see in the streets might find there way in a painting, or a shape I see might inspire a sculpture. Yes, asthetically (did I spell that right?) the sounds of the city may not have an appeal, but its the rawness of it, the great potential of it that is a beautiful thing to appreciate.

12:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah so that last comment was mine...i clicked the wrong bubble...sorry

12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home